Techshinos patent-pending iris camera module combined with Techshinos award-winning iris algorithm empowers mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, with swift, easy and reliable biometric identi- fication and authentication for mobile use scenarios. Features
- Processes low-quality iris images and performs well under less-than-optimal lighting conditions.
- Authenticates at a natural and comfortable distance, 17 to 30cm (7 to 12 inches) away from the mobile device.
- Provides a protected security area within the module to house the match engine, templates and authentication processes. This prevents sensitive data from being hacked.
- Complies with ISO iris image format for compatibility with known iris matching algorithms.
- Can be integrated with Techshinos multi-modality including fingerprint, face, voice, and security tokens.
- Highly Accurate
- Iris has significantly more distinct characteristics than most other biometrics, making the false positive rate or false negative rate even lower than the traditionally adopted fingerprint.
- Techshinos proprietary iris algorithm smartly processes low-quality iris images and performs well under less-than-optimal lighting conditions.
- Natural and Easy to Use
- Iris authentication can be done at a natural and comfortable distance between 17cm to 30cm (7 to 12 inches) away from the mobile device. No physical contact is required.
- Applicable to a Wider Population
- Iris pattern is fixed as young as one year in age and remain constant over time and across environments, such as climate and occupational differences.
- As a protected internal organ, iris is not subject to physical wear-out or injuries. This outperforms the fingerprint scanning which does not work for people with certain occupations.
- Hard to Spoof
- Iris is not easily accessible as an internal organ, and hard to fake for fraudsters.
- ISO compliant
- ISO compliant iris image format is compatible with known iris matching algorithms.
- Techshinos Multi-modality capabilities
- Techshino has a full range of biometric products including iris, face, fingerprint, voice and security tokens. In case of your other biometric needs, we offer a one-stop-shop.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 5.5 x 4 x 5.5mm (0.22 x 0.08 x0.22 inches)
- Operating range: 170-300mm (6.69-11.81 inches)
- Template size: 512 bytes
- FRR: <0.1%
- FAR: <0.0001%
- Processing speed: <1S
- Verification Speed:1: 1,000,000/s single core cpu
- Recognition mode: single eye/ dual eyes
- Image Format: complies with ISO 19794-6
- Sensor: 2 megapixel
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- Iris image: 140-170 pixels
Iris recognition as an emerging biometric technology has outperformed many other technologies in terms of stability, accuracy, speed, non-intrusive nature, and difficulty to forge. Techshinos iris module integrated into mobile devices can be used for:
- Mobile apps transaction authentication, Indian UID apps
- Time and attendance
- Physical access control
- Logical access control
- Patient identification